Wednesday 4 May 2011

Cuentos from my Childhood Part 1













































This is a sneak peek of a project I am working on at the moment. A sweet naive folk art pattern inspired by the book called "Cuentos de Cipotes" written and illustrated by famous Salvadoran Artists Maya and her father Salarrue. A charming children's book full of folk tales which take place in picturesque and colorful little rural towns of El Salvador, my home country. When I was very little I used to "read" it aloud without knowing yet how to read making up new stories by looking only at the pictures.
The term Chumpes is the folkloric way in which people in El Salvador refer to turkeys, part of the rural life's scenario depicted in the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...